March 21, 2021 |
I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of six (two adults, two teens, a pre-teen, and a baby). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, feminine products, etc.). Jesse and I usually eat lunch at home. The kids have lunch at school.
I went shopping at Kroger last night and found some great deals. Recently, I’ve kind of gotten into a routine of shopping on Friday or Saturday evenings — usually after 7:30 p.m. I’m finding that it’s a great time to shop since I usually find lots of markdowns plus there is hardly anyone at the store!
They had this huge cart of marked down bananas last night. We love to buy bananas when they are marked down and freeze them to use in banana bread or smoothies.
I also found these nice-sized boxes of sausage for just $1! I thought maybe the price was wrong, but nope, it scanned as $1 at checkout! Since I also got eggs marked down, we’re going to have breakfast for dinner one night this week!
And the kids love having these oatmeal packets for breakfast, so I always stock up when they are priced at $0.99. You can use the Kroger digital coupon to get 5 boxes for $0.99 each per shopping trip!
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes Kroger Instant Oatmeal — $0.99 each with the Kroger digital coupon
- 3 jars Kroger peanut butter — $1.25 each
- 5 cans Rosarita refried beans — marked down to $0.29 each
- Kroger cherry pie filling — marked down to $0.25 each
- 2 dozen Simple Truth eggs — marked down to $1.49 each
- 3 boxes Simple Truth sausage links — $1 each
- Dannon yogurt — marked down to $1.49
- Eckrich sausage — $2.50
- Ham — $3
- Half & Half — $1.57
- Butter — $1.99 with the Kroger digital coupon
- Yoplait yogurt — marked down to $1.29
- Bacon — $3.77
- Dannon Yogurt — marked down to $2.49
- Milk — $2.59
- 2 lbs. ground beef — $3.50 each
- Freschetti Pizza — $3.49 with Kroger digital coupon
- PB&J ice cream — marked down to $0.49
- Apple Juice — $1.50
- 3 bags apples — $0.99 each
- Bananas — marked down to $1.49
- Bread — $2.50
- Stirfry Kit — $2.49
- Salad Blend — $2.49
- Chocolate chips — $1.99
- Total with tax: $67.75
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here for my FREE tip sheet on how to cut your grocery bill by $50 this week.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
Read Newer Post