Share your recent beauty purchases or rediscovered favorites in your stash (for those on low/no-buys!), chit chat about weekend plans, and learn a little more about each other!
Share your own answers in the comments!
- Recent Purchases/Rediscoveries: Natasha Denona Love Collection came in late last Friday! I picked up more shades of Becca’s Dewing Tint, as I suspected it was similar to Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter but wasn’t 100% sure (it’s described as a tinted moisturizer by Becca) until I tested a few shades.
- Weekend plans: I’m happy that I was able to get ahead last weekend by a couple of days, so it’s really just keeping up with that and making any forward-progress I can. Always better to be early than late! I’ve also been visiting a nearby farm and feeding some of the animals for a little bit of furry fun. They have mini horses, llamas, goats, donkeys, cows, and even a pig!
- What have you listened to or watched the most in January?: I haven’t been listening to any particular artist or album thus far; I have been primarily listening to the Lo-Fi Beats playlist on Spotify! For watching, I rewatch Great British Bake Off before I go to bed as it always helps me decompress and relax.
P.S. — Want to chat with readers on the regular? Check out Temptalia’s Discord where you can chat about beauty, makeup, and more! 🙂
This week’s mellan photo/video…
Share your pet photos to the Temptalia Pets flickr group!
These are all photos from the very first day that we had him! To my everlasting regret, I only have mostly tiny, cropped photos of him in his early puppy days–you know, back in the day when camera quality was lower, megapixels were in single digits, we didn’t have camera phones, and disk drive space didn’t feel infinite…
He was eight weeks old when we got him and weighed a measly 10 pounds. It was much to his dismay that day one involved a bath and learning to have a collar on (top row, second photo, is him adjusting!). In retrospect, he was actually a very relaxed, laid back puppy. We might even say an incredibly easy puppy; he was housebroken easily and was very trainable. I coo over his lil’ blonde eyelashes (which turned white over the years) and his true black nose (which turned pink over the years).
I had never had a puppy before, so he was my first puppy experience! My husband (then boyfriend) and I had moved in together (after two years of having a long distance relationship) when I moved back to the Bay Area for graduate school, and it was six months after living together that we added this guy to our family. I remember being very clear that in the event of a breakup, the dog was mine!
It’s amazing how many life events come and go in 13 years, but he was there for so many. He was our lil’ baby when we were adjusting to living together, as I went through graduate school, moving between three apartments, then into a first house, getting married, moving states to move to our second (current) house.
Here’s a weight chart I kept for the first six months or so! I’m putting it here so I always have a copy I can find.
- 8 Weeks – 10 pounds
- 9 Weeks – 12 pounds
- 10 Weeks – 15 pounds
- 11 Weeks – 18.2 pounds (vet visit!)
- 12 Weeks – 22 pounds
- 13 Weeks – 26 pounds
- 14 Weeks – 30 pounds
- 15 Weeks – 32.9 pounds (vet visit)
- 16 Weeks – 36 pounds
- 17 Weeks – 39 pounds
- 18 Weeks – 42 pounds
- 19 Weeks – 44 pounds
- 20 Weeks – 47 pounds
- 21 Weeks – 50 pounds
- 22 Weeks – 53 pounds
- 23 Weeks – 56 pounds
- 24 Weeks – 60 pounds
- 25 Weeks – 63 pounds (June 11th, 2008)