Clionadh Current Powder Highlighter ($15.00 for 0.21 oz.) has a transparent base with intense, pale aqua shimmer that was highly-reflective and shiny in its finish. It had medium to semi-opaque, buildable coverage, which was in line with how the highlighter formula was marketed.
The consistency was soft, a smidgen loosely-pressed but not powdery, and blended out nicely on my skin. It had a high-shine finish but didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for nine hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- JD Glow Synopsis (P, $16.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- KVD Beauty Saphyre (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Wicked (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 6 Frozen Turquoise (P, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- OFRA Space Baby (LE, $29.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia Blue Ice (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Crushed Indigo (Left) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sugar Rush (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Cover FX Prism (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Maybelline Opal (050) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. – $59.52 Per Ounce
There’s not much that describes the formula other than it has a “soft, buildable application.” They tended to be quite pigmented–semi-opaque to fully opaque–with soft, smoother textures that weren’t too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I’d highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin’s natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Myristate, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate.
May Contain: +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!