Salt New York Beige Radiant Crème Tint Pro ($16.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light, peachy gold with warmer, more peach base pigment and lighter, more champagne gold pearl that resulted in a luminous, lightly shimmery finish. The texture was lightweight, thin, and spreadable with moderate slip and light glide, so it wasn’t prone to lifting up base products.
It had semi-sheer, buildable color coverage that applied evenly and blended out without difficulty. It stayed on well for seven and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Perla (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (PiP, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Fine Line (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Exposed (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty The Afternooner (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Luminous Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Highlight) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Persona Zuma (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$16.00/0.15 oz. – $106.67 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “buttery soft, easy to blend” and is supposed to have “sheer, buildable coverage with a soft, skin-like finish.” Though it’s available in three types–highlighter, contour/bronzer, and blush–they formulas do not differ dramatically in terms of performance and feel.
It had sheer coverage that was buildable to more medium coverage, but getting full-on opacity didn’t seem like it was really in the realm of possibilities, so those who either need or want greater, truer-to-pan coverage may not find it as workable. I’d recommend sticking with deeper shades for those who need or want more coverage, too, as the lighter shades were less buildable.
As a cheek product, the formula applied evenly and blended out well on bare skin as well as patted over base products as it wasn’t a formula prone to lifting up complexion products. The finish was dewier, though it seemed to soften a bit after an hour or so of wear. They wear was between six and seven hours before there was noticeable fading and/or light movement/slide. I had the best wear when applied over a more matte foundation as compared to bare skin or a dewier/more luminous foundation choice.
Browse all of our Salt New York Radiant Crème Tint Pro swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Candelilla Wax, Kaolin Clay, Silica, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Seed Oil), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Seed Oil), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Extract), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.