Golden Glow (04)
Dior Golden Glow (04) Dior Forever Couture Luminizer ($48.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium-dark peach with warmer, more orange undertones and a metallic sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation paired with a slightly firmer, denser consistency that felt like a gel-powder hybrid.
This type of formula works best with a denser brush or heavier hand, though this was more yielding than most formulas like it, so as long as I used a moderately-dense brush, it picked up plenty of product to start with. The powder was never dusty or powdery, which helped it apply evenly to bare skin and blend out well without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Spotlight (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Queen (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Sand (P, $22.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Taffy (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Smashbox Gilded Rose (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Privilege (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Glossier Play Platinum Rose (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Smashbox Crank It Up Pearl (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Illuminator (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$48.00/0.21 oz. – $228.57 Per Ounce
It was described as having a “multidimensional glow” that “blend[ed] seamlessly” and was long-wearing. The formula felt like it was a gel-powder formula, which was indicated by its slightly firmer, almost stiff, feel in the pan, but there was no powderiness, and the product picked up well with a moderately-dense brush. Once on, the powder almost “melted” on my skin, which gave it a particularly seamless look that was never dry or dusty.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade but were typically semi-opaque to opaque, buildable, and easy to work with by using a lighter or heavier hand to pick up product as desired. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
The powders were floral-scented.
Browse all of our Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer swatches.
#15716 MICA ● CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE ● SILICA ● SQUALANE ● OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE ● GLYCERIN ● PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) ● POLYSORBATE 80 ● 1,2-HEXANEDIOL ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL ● ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ● SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ● CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT ● XANTHAN GUM ● PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE ● CETEARYL ALCOHOL ● DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE ● AQUA (WATER) ● TOCOPHEROL ● BUTYLENE GLYCOL ● HYDROLYZED VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT ● ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT ● [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) ● CI 77491, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.