ColourPop Foxy Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a medium orange with moderate, warm undertones and flecks of gold sparkle over a more semi-matte base. The texture was soft, lightly powdery and on the thinner side, which made it less foolproof to blend–it was best applied over a more matte base, whether that was over a set base or just drier skin as it had a tendency to react to any natural oils on the skin. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation that stayed on well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Shook to the Coral (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC That’s Peachy (LE, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sugared Peach (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Bounty (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Slay Bells (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Bonus (DC, $8.00) is less shimmery, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. – $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate , zinc stearate, distarch phosphate , hydrolyzed theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate , quercetin, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492), mica (ci 77019), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.